Texas State University
Master of Business Administration
Completed: May 2011
Some coursework completed at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA
The University of Texas at Austin
Completed: May 2004
Bachelor of Business Administration
- First Hire for US Office based in Seattle
- Head of Office – Manages all consultants and planning of projects in the Seattle office.
- Senior Team Lead – Manages team of consultants and oversees all projects in the team. Aides in creative and strategic direction as well as planning resources each month.
- Project Lead – Retained first client for entire career by increasing their traffic and rankings within 3 months of first project. Has worked on multiple strategy projects for companies such as Staples, Microsoft, Yelp, Etsy, Shutterstock, Amazon, and Lookout.
- International Speaker – At Pubcon, Search Exchange, Converge South and other company focused events like Emerson Network Power and Homeaway.
Kate Morris Consulting
May 2009-April 2010
- Launched profitable consulting business with 2 existing clients in SEO and PPC
- Consults on a per project basis with top Search Marketing agencies on SEO/PPC and Local SEO
- Identified and procured 8 new clients within 6 months
- Training Services, with one major in-house training completed to date
- Monthly PPC Column at Search Engine Journal
February 2010-April 2010 (Ongoing Part of Distilled Relationship)
- Answers about 40-50 Search Marketing questions from SEOmoz Pro Members
- Topics range from general SEO, campaign organization, ranking factors, landing page optimization, server side redirects, and more.
- Visit SEOmoz Q&A for examples
New Edge Media
Director of Client Strategies
December 2008 – May 2009
- Served as New Business Development and Client Services Manager
- Managed client’s PPC campaigns
- Developed linking strategies for all clients
- Developed SEO plan for major printing client
- Increased brand awareness through speaking engagements and social media
- Agency blog writer
Search Engine Marketing Manager
March 2008-November 2008
- Site conversion rate increased from 10% to 13% in first three months due to traffic optimization.
- Shaved off $100-$200 cost per loan within first few months.
- Increased PPC click thru rate by 2.5% in five months.
- Brought cost per application within acceptable range within 2 months of position acquisition.
- Removed paid linking budget and maintained top rankings (#1 for at least 20 keywords).
- Increased knowledge of brand name through social marketing on Yahoo! Answers.
- Increased conversions from natural search engine queries by 13%.
Web Marketing Manager
January 2007-March 2008
- Managed the daily tasks, goals, and professional development of 6 employees
- Four employees located in Karachi, Pakistan
- Two achieved top honors in the company (2 of the 4 awards that quarter)
- Developed and redesigned new portals for all 5 business units educating various industries
- Oversaw the development of new search engine marketing campaigns for all portals
- Developed training program for Channel Managers in Paid Search
- Begun company initiative to have all marketing managers become Certified Google AdWords Professionals giving them the tools to run their own campaigns
- Designed SEO initiative which brought one website to #2 for top keyword term
- Oversaw and maintained the portals of all business units, 30 portals in total on average.
- Constant interaction with business unit leaders to develop new campaigns and online initiatives.
- Developed the processes for web marketing team to better communicate with departments and execute initiatives.
Legiant – Time and Attendance Software
January 2004-December 2006
- Budgetary responsibilities – Built a national brand on a small company budget
- Webmaster – developed new front page design; maintaining content, design, marketing message
- SEO Specialist – Top 10 Ranking for “Time and Attendance” on multiple engines; increased rankings and traffic flow of website
- Editor/Writer/Designer for Monthly Newsletter
- Copy writing for brochures, website, direct mail and case studies
- Graphic Design for print advertising and website graphics
- Tradeshow Management – Oversaw and/or performed all design, planning, travel, pre- and post-show marketing; At least 4 shows per year
- Media Buying over $50,000 (Buyer’s Guides, Magazines)
- Technical Assistant – Assisting coworkers with Microsoft programs, troubleshooting, Exchange email, SalesForce, and other technical issues
LCG – Marketing Consulting
Internet Marketing Specialist
December 2003-November 2004
- Company webmaster – regular maintenance and company blog writer
- Optimization of Company Blog brought it to #2 for Internet Marketing Blog
- Budget management and media buying for clients $20,000 monthly
- Writer of creative ad copy in Pay Per Click Campaigns
- Search Engine Optimization of client websites
- Design of new portal sites for clients
- Human Resource duties
- General Office Manager/ Technical Assistant
Van Slyke and Company Marketing Solutions
February 2003-December 2003
- Assisted in preparing marketing proposals
- Built media lists for client print marketing initiatives
- Research and competitive analysis
- Assist in PR releases and editing
- Launched Google AdWords campaigns for local clients
May 2009 – May 2010
- Developed new brand for freelance consultants, Marketing Demons
- Services in PPC, SEO, Local and Social Media
- Network of over 10 Employed but Freelance Consultants
- Focus on Small Companies and One-Off Projects